6 Interesting Facts About Physical Therapy
Facts About Physical Therapy
We often get questions about what physical therapy actually is and how is it different from other healthcare specialties. So we wanted to take a moment to answer some of those by providing you with 6 interesting facts you may not know about physical therapy:
- Physical therapists are able to work in a variety of settings including outpatient clinics, private clinics, hospitals, schools and even the Emergency Room.
- There are lots of different types of therapy that a physical therapist can do. These therapies can include: orthopedic, post-operative care, cardiovascular, neurologic rehabilitation, or pulmonary rehab. Generally a physical therapist will select one area to specialize in.
- Physical therapists are trained in massage, but it is not the same as a massage you receive at the spa. A massage performed by your therapist is used to reduce tightness and work on tissue mobility of the muscle that is inflamed or in pain.
- Physical therapy’s treatments and exercises are done to help relieve pain.
- Physical therapists design exercise programs specifically for you. These exercises are to be done at home to help improve your health.
- Several health conditions you may not realize can improve or be treated with physical therapy including dizziness, headaches, concussion, and jaw pain.
So what are some warning signs of a bad physical therapist?
If your therapist does any of the below, turn around right away!
- Your therapist gets annoyed or angry with you if you have trouble doing an exercise
- You feel pain during an exercise and your therapist is dismissive
- Your physical therapist goes extremely quickly through your session
- Your physical therapist spends more time chatting with coworkers instead of talking with you
Above & Beyond Physical Therapy’s mission is to treat, educate and enable their patients while providing the highest level of respect and courtesy. Their team of professionals’ goal is to enhance the lives of their patients and their families. Make an appointment today!
Queen Creek Location
21321 E. Ocotillo Rd., Suite 122
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
3201 W. Peoria Ave., Suite D800
Phoenix, AZ 85029