Phoenix: 602.866.2231 | Queen Creek: 480.987.1870
We challenge you to include 30 minutes of physical activity in your day! Above & Beyond Physical Therapy is teaming up with the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition to recognize National Physica...
Above & Beyond Physical Therapy is teaming up with the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition to recognize National Physical Fitness and Sports Month and the benefits of 30 minutes of daily physical activity!
FACT: Regular physical activity increases your chances of living a longer, healthier life
FACT: Regular physical activity also reduces your risk for high blood pressure, heart disease, and some types of cancer.
FACT: In Arizona nearly 24% of residents don’t get enough physical activity.
1. Aim for 2.5 hours of moderate aerobic activity each week. Moderate activity includes walking fast, dancing, swimming, and raking leaves.
2. Participate in muscle-strengthening activities – like lifting weights and using exercises bands – at least 2 days a week.
3. Incorporate balance and stretching activities to enhance physical stability and flexibility and reduce the risk of injuries.
• Arthritis – May is National Arthritis Awareness Month and Above & Beyond is happy to help patients suffering from arthritis.
• Fibromyalgia – May is also National Fibromyalgia Awareness Month (May 12th is National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day). We accept patients suffering from chronic pain, and work to help them safely manage the symptoms of their conditions.
NOTE TO ALL NURSES:
We would also like to wish all of the nurses we work with a “Happy Nurses Day” on May 6th, a Happy Nurses Week May 6th – 12th, and throughout the month of May for all you do!
Queen Creek Location
21321 E. Ocotillo Rd., Suite 122
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
3201 W. Peoria Ave., Suite D800
Phoenix, AZ 85029